From 2005 through the present, Lorie has been asked to speak to a number of organizations and businesses on the importance of estate planning. Organizations include: numerous area American Business Women’s Association Chapters, parents groups, banks, elderly/caregivers group, civic organizations, LGBT groups, and many more.
- June 20, 2017 – Presented to Ebby Halliday Realtors of Dallas about Wills, trusts, probate, and title issues.
- June 1, 2017 – Presented to Dallas Capital Bank on how to better serve their customers’ needs when it comes to Wills, powers of attorney, and probate.
- May 15, 2017 – Keynote speaker to the YWCA McLean County, Illinois Women of Distinction annual awards banquet. The address was titled “Equality Through Responsibility – Creating a Greater Legacy.” Click here to watch a video of her address!
- May 9, 2017 – Spoke to Frisco Senior Center about the importance of pets in your Will & estate plan.
- April 29, 2017 – Spoke to Single Parent Advocate for their Mothers’ Day Brunch honoring Single Mothers and their Kids.
- April 26, 2017 – Presented to Ebby Halliday Realtors, Southwest Dallas/Ellis County about Wills, trusts, probate, and title issues.
- April 15, 2017 – Participated in a “Know Your Rights” seminar for the local McKinney community as part of a project by McKinney Boyd High School students.
- April 15, 2017 – Spoke to Plano Early Lions Club about importance of estate planning.
- April 14, 2017 – Spoke to Retired Teachers Association about importance of estate planning.
- March 13, 2017 – Spoke to Dallas Trinity Rotary Club about importance of including your pets in your estate plan.
- March 7, 2017 – Spoke to East Dallas Rotary Club about importance of including your pets in your estate plan.
- February 10, 2017 – Spoke to Ebby Halliday realtors on importance of estate planning.
- February 9, 2017 – Spoke to MOPs (Mothers of PreSchoolers) on importance of estate planning.
- February 8, 2017 – Spoke to Autism Parent Support Group on estate planning and special needs trusts.
- January 24, 2017 – Spoke to Cedar Hill Lions Club about importance of including your pets in your estate plan.
- December 9, 2016 – Spoke to Ebby Halliday realtors on how to issue-spot estate issues for their clients.
- November 25, 2016 – Spoke to North Texas Mensa Regional Gathering on the importance of Wills & Estate Planning.
- September 7, 2016 – Spoke to the North Dallas Mothers of Twins Club on the importance of Wills & Estate Planning.
- August 27, 2016 -Keynote speaker for “Hats Off to Dreams” Celebration for the Southern California Council of the American Business Women’s Association.
- July 23, 2016 – Spoke on panel for the Summit on LGBT Aging on legal planning.
- June 15, 2016 – Spoke to Victoria, Texas Network of the American Business Women’s Association about personal journey of coming out and leading in a non-LGBT organization.
- June 9, 2016 – Spoke to Gray Pride event for the Resource Center on the legal impact of Marriage Equality on Texans.
- May 17, 2016 – Spoke to the American Business Women’s Association – Houston Area Professional Express Network, Texas on “Lead Like a Girl: The Importance of Women in Leadership.”
- April 6, 2016 – Spoke to SheNOW, a women’s group, about estate planning.
- March 26, 2016 – Spoke to the American Business Women’s Association – Fort Bend Chapter, Texas for “Striving for the Top Event” on “Lead Like a Girl: The Importance of Women in Leadership.”
- February 11, 2016 – Spoke to Gray Pride event for the Resource Center on the legal impact of Marriage Equality on Texans.
- February 5, 2016 – Keynote Speaker at the inaugural Women’s Leadership Symposium in Lakeland, Florida on the importance of women in leadership.
- January 20, 2016 – Spoke to Estate Planning Council of North Texas on Marriage Equality.
- December 6, 2015 – Featured speaker for Holistic Festival of Life and Wellness (www.holisticfestivaloflife.com) on “Being Visible”; my personal journey of becoming my authentic self in a non-LGBT environment.
- July 19, 2015 – Interviewed on Lambda Weekly Radio on Knon 89.3 FM on Marriage Equality for Texans. Click here for the YouTube podcast of the interview!
- May 20, 2015 – Keynote speaker for the Greenspoint Chapter of the American Business Women’s Association in Houston, Texas on the importance of female empowerment.
- May 16, 2015 – Spoke to Irving League of Women Voters on equal rights.
- March 23, 2015 – Spoke to Young Men’s Service League mom’s group.
- January 25, 2015 – Taught a course on LGBT legal issues for the Southern Methodist University Affirmative Therapy program.
- January 20, 2015 – Featured on Fox 4 Dallas discussing Plano Equal Rights Ordinance extended to protection for sexual orientation and gender identity in employment, housing, and public accommodations.
- January 13, 2015 – Spoke to the Texas Young Presidents’ Organization Secretaries on estate planning and probate.
- October 11, 2014 – Participated as a legal panelist for the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR) announced the launch of the Rural Pride campaign to elevate and address the needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people living in rural communities across the country
- October 7, 2014 – Debated marriage equality at Southern Methodist University School of Law as a co-sponsored event between OUTLaw and the Federalist Society student groups
- March 11, 2014 – Featured on Podcast “Queer No Chaser” discussing post-DOMA, pre-marriage equality legal planning for LGBT Texans
- January 7, 2014 – Spoke to Soroptimist Club of Dallas on estate planning
- July 31, 2013 – Participated on a panel for the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce Annual Conference entitled “Tiered Contracting: Identifying Opportunities at Every Level”
- June 18, 2013 – Participated on a marriage equality panel as part of Pride Month for the US Citizenship & Immigration Services
- May 21, 2013 – Presented to Transgender Education Network of Dallas about the gender change order process
- April 28, 2013 – Spoke to Youth First Texas, a support group for out and questioning LGBT youth, about my career, advocacy, and personal journey
- March 5, 2013 – Participated on LGBT Panel for SMU Law School
- July 10, 2012 – Served as a panelist for “Estate Planning Strategies for Same-Sex or Unmarried Partners” a multi-state Continuing Legal Education webinar produced by Strafford Publications, Inc., which provided estate planning attorneys with a review of the divergent state and federal laws on relationship recognition of same-sex couples and unmarried partners. The panel outlined best practices for drafting key documents and explored strategies for estate planning for same-sex couples
- June 27, 2012 – Participated on the panel “Life Every Voice: How the LGBT Community Contributes to the City of Dallas” on behalf of the North Texas GLBT Chamber of Commerce. The event was sponsored by the City of Dallas at Dallas City Hall as part of June Pride Month
- May 24, 2012 – Appeared on “Grown Folk,” a television show for senior women, discussing the important of estate planning
- March 9, 2012 – Conducted a course on Best Practices for Women’s Networks for the Dallas County Community College District’s “Women’s Empowerment Leadership Conference”
- November 18, 2011 – Interviewed on Texas Progressive Time, a show on Denton public access television on legal issues affecting the LGBT community
- October 3, 2011 – Debated marriage equality at Southern Methodist University School of Law as a co-sponsored event between OUTLaw and the Federalist Society student groups
- August 21, 2011 – Spoke to First United Methodist Women in Dallas, Texas regarding personal story of reconciling spirituality with being Christian
- May 12, 2011 – Served as a panelist for “Estate Planning Strategies for Same-Sex or Unmarried Partners” a multi-state Continuing Legal Education webinar produced by Strafford Publications, inc, which provided estate planning attorneys with a review of the divergent state and federal laws on relationship recognition of same-sex couples and unmarried partners. The panel outlined best practices for drafting key documents and explored strategies for estate planning for same-sex couples
- April 27, 2011 – Spoke to FM Global on Estate Planning for Administrative Professionals Day
- October 23, 2010 – Spoke to AT&T Employee Resource Group (LEAGUE) on how ERGs can leverage local Chambers of Commerce
- October 4, 2010 – Was the guest speaker to a class at Eastfield College in Mesquite, Texas on marriage equality issues
- July 26, 2010 – Was the keynote speaker on the topic of success at the Women of Excellence Chapter of ABWA Awards Gala
- June 29, 2010 – Spoke to Brinker International on the LGBT community and civil rights movement as part of their Diversity and Inclusion program
- April 21, 2010 – Featured on Fox 4 Dallas discussing a gay divorce case in Texas.
- April 16, 2010 – Featured on Fox 4 Dallas addressing President Obama’s Memorandum addressing hospital visitation and healthcare issues for the LGBT community on behalf of the Human Rights Campaign
- 2010 – Participated in SMU’s Political Science Symposium Spring Debate on marriage equality
- 2010 – Featured in a PSA for the US Census, addressing the importance of completing the Census for the GLBT community
- 2010 – Spoke to Mesquite United Methodist Church – a reconciling congregation on gay marriage
- 2010 – Interviewed by Dallas County Community College as part of a video for their online class regarding legal ramifications of gay marriage
- 2009 – June – Spoke for the Continuing Legal Education Panel during the Texas State Bar Annual Meeting addressing estate planning issues for the LGBT community
- 2009 – Spoke to Promise Metropolitan Community Church, Maximizing Ministry Conference
- 2009 – Spoke to the Administrative Assistants School of Dallas
- 2009 – Spoke to American Society of Women Accountants (ASWA), Dallas Chapter
- 2009 – Women of Visionary Influence (WOVI), Addison, Texas Chapter
- 2009 – Spoke to Gay Employees’ Group for CitiGroup
- 2008 – 2009 – Spoke to a number of chapters of the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP)
- 2008 – Spoke to Young Financial Advisors Group
- 2008 – Spoke to Gay Employees’ Group for XEROX
- 2007 – Spoke to Metropolitan Community Church in Dallas
- 2007 – Spoke to Cathedral of Hope CBN as part of a LGBT estate planning workshop
- 2007 – Spoke to White Rock Community Church