- Jakarta International School – Jakarta, Indonesia
- Plano Senior High – Plano, Texas
- Trinity University, cum laude, B.A. – San Antonio, Texas
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D. – Washington, D.C.
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Maryland (inactive status)
Current and Past Activities
- 2019 – present: Brand New Congress, board member.
- 2016 – 2017: Lambda Legal Leadership Committee, Dallas.
- 2014 – 2016: Board of Directors for Black Tie Dinner, the largest fund raising dinner for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community in the nation.
- 2013 – 2014: National President for the Board of Directors for the American Business Women’s Association.
- 2012 – 2013: National Vice President for the Board of Directors for the American Business Women’s Association.
- 2011 – 2012: District II Vice President for the National Board of Directors for the American Business Women’s Association.
- 2010: District II Vice President for the National Board of Directors for the American Business Women’s Association.
- 2010: Chair-Elect for the Dallas Area Council of American Business Women’s Association (ABWA)
- 2010 – DFW Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Steering Committee – Co-Chair
- 2010 – President for American Business Women’s Association (ABWA) – OPEN Express Network
- 2008 – North Texas GLBT Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- 2009 – 2010: DFW HRC Steering Committee – Political Co-Chair
- 2008 – 2010: President-Elect for ABWA – OPEN Express Network
- 2006 – 2008: VP of Programming for ABWA – OPEN Express Network
- 2005 – Adjunct Instructor – SMU
Recent Awards and Recognition
- 2020 – Voted for a second year in a row as the “Best Civil/Family” Law attorney by the Dallas Voice.
- 2019 – Voted as the “Best Civil/Family” Law attorney by the Dallas Voice.
- 2013 – Chosen by the Dallas Business Journal as a Women in Business honoree
- 2013 – Certified by The National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) as an LGBTBE (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, or Transgender Business Enterprise)
- 2010 – Chosen as Woman of the Year by Outlook Positive Express Network for the American Business Women’s Association
- 2010 – ABWA (American Business Women’s Association)* One of the Top Ten Business Women
- 2009 – Served on the Continuing Legal Education Panel for Estate Planning for the GLBT Community for the State Bar of Texas Annual Conference
- 2007 – North Texas GLBT Chamber Business Person of the Year
- 2007 – Team Networking – Richardson Chapter – Networker of the Year
*Each year, 10 Members of the ABWA (American Business Women’s Association) are recognized nationally for exceptional achievements by being selected as the Top Ten Business Women of ABWA. These women have excelled in meeting career goals and enhancing their education. They give back to the their communities and are committed to the mission of ABWA. These women also strive to achieve a balance among their career, activities and family. The Top Ten represent ABWA’s image of success as well as that of the culture – each woman serves as an important role models for the ABWA members.
While celebrating the success and milestones for the 5th year anniversary of my law practice in Texas, I decided it was time to create a brand image and logo for the firm that would reflect my unique personality. Read more information about Lorie Burch.